Pointing Our Communities to Jesus
- The gospel is first and foremost news. It is an announcement of who Jesus is as the Son of God, his perfect life, his death on the cross in our place, and that he rose from the dead three days later.
- Learn more here: 'What is the Gospel?'
- The gospel is central to who we are and everything we do as a church because Jesus is central.
- The gospel removes our pride and individualism as we are humbled before God and called to be part of a new people as part of God's family.
- As a new community, we selflessly serve others, love another, with a command to be on mission together.
- Practically, we believe our church should intentionally seek to reflect the ethnic diversity of our geographical location both in our congregation and in our leader.
- Together we grow in our understanding of the gospel as we also proclaim the good news of Jesus.
- In Matthew 22:38, the great commandment, Jesus tells us to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind and to also love others as yourself.
- In Matthew 28:19, the great commission, Jesus tells us to make disciples of all nations and to teach them to obey the bible.
- We are called to: 1) Love God, 2) Love Others, and 3) Make Disciples.